Monday, March 15, 2010

"being" with God...

James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourselves; do what it says."

Lots of times, as believers, I think we get caught up in the "doing" for God. I know I do. My youth pastor spoke about this last week and I've never really thought about it before.  I mean, we are supposed to go and share the Gospel and go and feed the poor, etc. But when we get caught up in "doing" all of these things, things that are great and are for the Lord, and forget to actually "be" with the Lord, what good is that? First and foremost, before doing any type of service for the Lord, we were created for HIS glory and HIS glory alone.  He wants to spend time with us! He LOVES us so much. Yet, when we go and "do" all those things for Him and forget to "be" with Him, we have defeated the whole purpose of why we were created.

today, i took a walk around the neighborhood. every plant is about to bloom, flowers are about to burst, spring is in the air! it is so awesome to see. i felt like i really was "with" God. i decided to "be" with Him and it was so awesome! after i can "be" with Him, then i can "do" things for Him and know that my "labor is not in vain"...(1 Cor. 15:58)

No comments:

Post a Comment