Friday, May 28, 2010

no longer the majority.

i graduated from high school on Saturday.

on Sunday, we had our "Senior Recognition Service" at church. our pastor preached about taking a risk for the Lord and about no longer being apart of the majority of Christians who sit back and make sure they live a "safe" life. He showed us this video of part of a sermon that Francis Chan preached. Watch it! As he continued preaching, I thought about what had happened in my life the day before. Yeah, I had graduated high school (and I'm not devaluing how important that is) but I had also spent pretty much the whole day with my biological father's family. About 2% of the population in the U.S. are adopted. Of those people that are adopted, only about 4% of them search for, find, and go on to meet their biological parents. So, I'm in a very small group of people who have found at least one of their birth parents. I'm not apart of the majority of adopted children who don't find their birth parents. I'm in the minority.

Every day we have the opportunity to sit back, put on our safety helmets, and be "good" little Christians who never take chances for the Lord. Or, we have the opportunity to not be in the majority, to take a risk, and to be on fire for the Lord.  God didn't promise us that when we follow Him we'll have this easy, carefree life. Why be boring and be the stereotypical Christians when we can be crazy, radical people doing exactly what the Lord wants?

So...do you want to be apart of the majority of Christians who sit back and have nothing to count for when they die? Or do you want to be radical and be apart of the minority of those living their lives out fully for Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment