Sunday, August 22, 2010

a year of blessings.

the other day was a milestone for me. it had been one year since i first e-mailed my BD. i started thinking about how far he & i have come & how far the Lord has taken me in one single year.

1. my relationship with my BD & his family. if you asked me a year ago, when i was just a few weeks into my senior year, if i thought my BD would come to my high school graduation, i would have slapped you silly. i would have told you that you had lost your mind & that nothing like that could ever happen. if you had asked me a year ago, just a week into my relationship with my BD if i would meet him before the end of the year, i would have slapped you again. the Lord has so GRACIOUSLY given me an opportunity to have a relationship with my BD, his family--my family. i am in awe of all that the Lord has done in that area of my life.

2. my choice of college & intended major. if you had asked me a year ago, where i would be enrolled as a freshman in college, i would have told you Georgia Southern University. there was NO way i would ever stay in Augusta & go to ASU. it wasn't even an option to me. if you had asked me what i planned to do for the rest of my life, i would have told you "become a teacher". that's what i always thought i would do, that was my plan. now, i'm at ASU, looking at staying 2 years, & looking at schools that have good PR programs because i want to be an event planner. was that my plan?? NO. the Lord has shown me what it is HE wants me to do, not me.

3. my senior year. there's no easy way to describe that my senior year went completely different than how i thought it would. there's no way to explain that the friendships i made, i never thought i would make. the only way to explain it is that the Lord blessed me so very much, & senior year was the best year of my life!

4. how i spent my summer. if you had told me a year ago, that i would go to camp as the only senior girl, i would have laughed in your face. if you had said that i would go to hilton head & then to alabama by myself, i would have laughed some more. then, if you had said that i would go to panama, on an awestar mission trip, i would have laughed so hard, that you might think i have a disorder.

i have never been SO blessed in one full year in my whole life. granted, i haven't lived that long, but i wouldn't trade any of this year for the world. i have relationships with family members that i didn't know existed; i have relationships with people that are now my best friends that i thought weren't that special; i have been blessed by a heavenly Father who loves me so very much.

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. 
-Psalm 37:4

1 comment: