Wednesday, November 24, 2010

the Thanksgiving post.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
-Psalm 100:4


Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always tend to become reflective over the past year and it always amazes me at how good God is to me. This year, I'm particularly thankful for a few things:


1. The depth of my relationship with my Savior. This year, the Lord has shown me great things about Himself, and has revealed Himself in ways to me that I never thought were possible.  I have come to know the Lord in a greater and deeper way than I could have ever imagined. 

2. My sweet and precious parents. Even though they drive me crazy sometimes, I couldn't have gotten better parents. I love them so! 
My Graduation

3. My awesome trip that I was able to take to Panama during this summer. The Lord taught me SO much and I'm SO grateful that I was able to serve the Lord in that way. 

The Village of Incandi

4. Old friends--and new ones. I'm thankful to be apart of the fabulous five. These four girls, Chelsea, Hannah, Mary Beth, and Sarah, make up a huge part of who I am. I could not have picked out better friends to love me, to accept me, and to help show me different parts of the Lord's heart. I'm a better person because they are in my life! 
Hannah, Sarah, Mary Beth, Me, and Chelsea
Steeplechase 2010

5. Old friends--and new ones, part two. I have three sweet friends--Caroline, Chelsea, and Corey--from church that encourage me, lift me up, and love me no matter what. I'm thankful for sweet memories from the summer and this first semester in college, for the support they give me, and for the true blessings they are in my life! They, too, show me different parts of the Lord's heart and His plan for my life. 

Chelsea and me in Atlanta at Passion City Church

Corey and me at Carowinds

Caroline and me in Auburn

6. My other family--the biological one :) They show me another part of who I am, of how my life could have been, and why I am the way I am. They are a huge blessing to me, even if they don't realize that. 

My Aunt Katrina, My BD--Kenny, My Grandma, and Me
Easter 2010

JP, Jackson, and Me

7. The super sweet Harris/Janik family. The student pastor at my church, Grant, his wife Micah, their super sweet son, Harris, and Micah's sister, Mollie Kate, are all very dear and precious to my heart. They have become a whole other family to me.  I am blessed by them, their love for the Lord, and their love for me :) 

Micah and Me in West Virginia on Ski Retreat

Harris and Me

Mollie Kate and Me in Asheville, NC at Summer Camp

Grant and Me in Panama

8. The Hills. Graham, Casie, Jack, and the soon to be born Joe. I LOVE this family and I am beyond blessed by them on a daily basis. Casie's sweet friendship/sisterhood makes me a better person. Graham's humor makes me laugh. Jack just makes me smile, ALL the time. I love this family!! 

Casie and Me at my Graduation 

Jack and Me this Summer


9. Augusta Christian Schools. It was where I graduated from. This place has formed a huge spot in my heart, and for that I am forever grateful.  I'm blessed because of this school, the people there, and what God has done in and through it. 


I could go on and on. But that's all for now! I hope you have an excellent Thanksgiving and that the Lord blesses you and those who mean the most to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment