Tuesday, February 1, 2011

...a lamp to my feet and a light to my path

The other night at the Small Group Leaders' Training, one of the fellow teachers (who is also one of my best friend's dads) said that he challenged his small group of senior boys the other day about how much Scripture they knew. He was willing to give anyone in his group $100 if they could say 36 Bible verses. (Approximate age is 18 x 2 verses per year = 36 verses). He said, "If they don't have Scripture, then how can they stand against the world?"

It got me thinking. I guess, I really got convicted. How many verses do I know? I know I know lots of Scripture. I've been in the church all my life, and I went to Christian school all my life. But, how many verses can I quote without someone prompting me? Not too many.

Memory verse for this week: Galatians 6:14..."But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."


New Goal for 2011? Commit Scripture to MEMORY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment