Monday, August 5, 2013

end of camp

Whether we wanted it to end or not, camp has officially come to an end. My time in Asheville has finished, and I'm back in the land of heat and humidity. I could not have asked for a better summer, and I'm so grateful for the relationships that I made. The last week of camp is known as "Epic Week", and we definitely made that true. It was an epic week, and we went all out every day. It was fantastic, despite how tired we all were (and still are). 


Last Thursday night Waffle House run with Senior Staff. It was the first time we ALL went!


We took the ACITs to the Overlook. What a beautiful view!


Abby (my supervisor) and I matched on the last day of camp!


Two of the sweetest friends in the world, y'all. 


Everyone needs a Kasey in their life. She's fantastic and such a blessing.


Fishy faces with my tiny BFF. 


The best senior staff you ever could ask for (but, I may be just a little biased). 


Kasey and I spent one day last week with this as our view. It was the perfect way to decompress and relax after camp!


I spent one last time under this thing on Saturday, taking campers off the high ropes course swing. It was a cool moment for me, because I realized then how great of a summer I had. I worked with some incredible people, I saw God do big things in the lives of staff and campers, and I made new, incredible relationships with wonderful people. I could not have asked for a better summer! And the best part about saying goodbye on Sunday? I'm heading back next Friday to work the ACS Senior Retreat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment