Wednesday, September 25, 2013

the season of sweatshirts

Y'all, fall is upon us. Really. I've worn a sweatshirt or long sleeve t-shirt the past couple of days (no need to mention that it is freezing in every classroom on campus), and it has been fantastic. I'm planning on breaking out all of the fall decorations this weekend, and I'm excited about hopefully completing a couple of DIY projects (Pinterest inspired, of course) to add some new decorations to my house. While I haven't broken out the scarves and cable-knits yet and I'm anxious to do so, I am a little sad to say goodbye to summer. Here's a few snapshots of life post #labordayvacay...


While fall is definitely my favorite season of the year, I'm going to miss sitting outside in the evening and watching the sunset. I hate how early it gets dark now!
This was taken when I babysat for one of my favorite families a few weekends ago. 


Did you dress up like a pirate and get a free dozen of doughnuts from Krispy Kreme? No? I didn't either, but I have an aunt who is willing to look ridiculous for the sake of free doughnuts. And I didn't complain!


My aunt was in town for a few days, and it was so fun to spend time with her (as it always is). 


This guy showed up at my house on Tuesday night for Bible study since he was back in Augusta for the night. What a FUN surprise!


Andddd I got this today! In less than two weeks, I'll be in the classroom, doing some teaching. I'm excited yet scared to death at the same time. 

Just a quick update, but I knew if I didn't do this now, I wouldn't for a long time! Enjoy a few of my newest favorite songs...I know I'm like super behind on these but they're still some of my favorites




No comments:

Post a Comment