Sunday, June 13, 2010

the hem of His garment.

"She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. For she said, 'If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.'" - Mark 5:27-28


the other day I was at my boss's house. my "nephew", her son, had just gotten up from his nap and I was SO excited to see him. I always am! But, as my boss was feeding him and such, she set him on the floor to go get something from the kitchen. He was on his knees and she sort of "hopped" over him and started to walk towards the kitchen. the second she was too far away for him to even just touch her foot or her leg or just be near her, he lost it. He started crying and said, "Ma-ma" until she came back and picked him up. She held him in her arms and just like that he was happy and smiling again.


today at church we were talking about some things and this verse in Mark came up. immediately, this scene from the other day at my boss's house was replaying in my brain. and then i thought about it. we, as Sons and Daughters of the King, are like my nephew. in a way, our Father is like my boss. if we just cried out to Him when we can no longer touch the hem of His garment, our Father will come and scoop us up and shower His love on us. that's all He wants to do.


so, have faith like the woman who touched the hem of His garment. 

1 comment: