Saturday, January 8, 2011

you never know.

2010 was probably the best year of my entire life. I turned 18, which came with lots of new and fun freedoms that I didn't expect to happen. I went on multiple roadtrips to Alabama to have this crazy relationship with my biological family. I went to the beach twice with the best friends. I graduated high school. I went out of the country for the first real time on a mission trip. I slept in a jungle. I started college. I hit up Athens, Auburn, Asheville, and Huntsville a few times during the fall semester. I went to a horse race. I worked two jobs. I made many memories with my best friends.

So, when 2011 came, I was honestly not looking forward to much of anything. I turned 19. There's nothing real exciting about that one. I kept on going to college, where the light at the end of the tunnel is not there yet. (At least 7 more semesters + potential graduate school = FOREVER LEFT!) I'm going on a cruise in February, which will be exciting but nothing too grand. My summer plans are still unknown, so they could be phenomenal or they could be typical. Anyway, there's nothing that I was looking forward to, so I entered 2011 very apathetically.

Then I went to Passion where my world wasn't totally rocked, but the Lord used many things to encourage me and confirm things I had been learning in my relationship with Him. Lots of things tuck out to me, but one thing in particular was what Andy Stanley opened his message with. Ultimately, he said that you never know what it is that God has in store for you. Andy Stanley's best friend in middle school was Louie Giglio. Louie Giglio is the founder of Passion Conferences. Andy Stanley kept saying you never know what it is that God is shaping you and making you to be. You never know what He wants to do in and through you.

So, I thought that maybe God has something crazy big in store for me. If I sit here being apathetic and saying that there's nothing great in 2011, then God what do great things through me. But I know that if I become a willing servant and seek hard after Him, then He can use me for something mightier than I could do on my on. You just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment