Saturday, March 26, 2011

i didn't think i had room in my heart for two.

i woke up this morning with a text from Casie, my old boss and older "sister", saying that Joe had arrived! i was so excited. Yet, throughout these past nine or so months that Casie's been pregnant, i have sort of been worrying about this whole thing. Jack has been a HUGE part of my world over the past two years. he's been my "nephew"; he really has. i just didn't know how i was going to handle Jack having a little brother. i know that sounds awful. i should be happy, right?!? and i was. i really was. i just didn't think i had room in my heart for two.

i went to work for a little bit, and then Casie texted me and asked me if i could come to the hospital for a little bit. i got to leave and go to the hospital and spend time with just Casie and Joe. which was pretty shocking that it was just the three of us, but it was really precious. i got to hold this little boy who was at that time only 5 hours old for about 2 hours. i got to love on him, pray for him a little bit, and be his "Aunt Ash-Ash". i loved it.

my heart definitely grew a lot today. and i found out that i did have room in my heart for this precious "nephew" of mine. i'm so thankful that the Lord has given me this awesome opportunity to be apart of their lives. it's humbling. it's a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment