Thursday, June 30, 2011

Work Clothes, a Car I Cannot Drive, and Other Thoughts

Post full of random thoughts and things? Yes, please.

Here goes...

1. We got staff shirts that we have to wear at work now. I hate them. Totally cramping my style. They're t-shirts, and they don't look half bad, but I have always prided myself on looking cute at work. Seriously, I have. Everyone at work knows that I'm the one who looks nice and cute there. Now, I'm lumped into the same category as everyone else with these t-shirts that have "STAFF" written in big letters on the back. We got the e-mail that the shirts came in on Monday, and even though I was at the church interning, I DID NOT pick up those things so that on Tuesday, when I worked, I could look cute. And I did. I rebelled, in my own sort of way, and then came into work today in athletic shorts and a t-shirt. Story of my life for a while, apparently.

2. My friend, Tyler, who is driving my car, headed to the beach this morning with his family, so my car is stuck at home and it can't be driven. It's such a sad day. It's weird to see my car in my driveway. When I woke up this morning and saw my car (he dropped it off last night), I thought he was at my house, and I was so confused. But, my parents are taking the car to the shop tonight, so no more confusion for a while.

3. I was told yesterday that I'm walking better with the boot on. I guess that's a good thing. I go back to the doctor two weeks from tomorrow, and hopefully a week after that I'll get to take the boot off. We had a water night at church last night, and I was SO sad that I couldn't get wet. But, I did get to spend some time with sweet Millie Kate, and that made it a lot better.

4. Speaking of babies, I was also told yesterday that I'm always with babies. And I heard the "Momma Ashton" nickname thrown out a few times, which I haven't heard in a long time. What can I say? I love those sweet babies. I get to spend some time with Jack + Joe on Saturday, and I'm SO looking forward to it!!

5. Boys and girls are so different. One of my guy friends asked me if crying was therapeutic for girls. When I said yes, he just shook his head and said, "That's so weird." We discussed my crying "patterns"/"habits", and he was beyond confused. I, on the other hand, am so confused as to why boys enjoy playing sports in the pouring down rain. What's up with that? You're already sweaty, and then you get super wet. Ew. Gross. No thanks.

6. I'm really looking forward to getting a lot of things done at my house this weekend. My parents have lots of projects that need to be done, and I'm hoping they get done this weekend! Every time my parents come to my house, they bring so much JUNK with them, and it's driving me crazy. Seriously. Every. Single. Time. Hopefully this weekend all that junk will be taken away!

7. I'm missing my friends. Two are on a mission trip, and I'm looking forward to them coming home this weekend. Some more are at camps all over the country, and I want them to be back in Augusta! Others are just out of town, and I want them back in the AUG as well.

8. I'm LOVING this verse I found in Isaiah the other day. I'll finish with it. It's Isaiah 30:18 and it says, "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment