Wednesday, October 17, 2012

falling into fall

Last year, I was so excited about decorating my house for Christmas that I pretty much skipped over all fall decorations completely. I bought some leaf place mats for the kitchen table, but that was it. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, so I had to do a little searching to decorate for fall without Halloween coming in. Even though it's not as much as I do for Christmas, I'm super happy with the decorations I have for fall (note: not all are pictured). 

I made the "Happy Fall Yall" banner by looking at Pinterest and at lots of tutorials and taking bits and pieces from each. It's really simple. I bought some burlap from Hancock fabric for like $2 a yard. I cut out the triangles, and those you can make as small or as big as you want. I then printed my letters at about size 400 font, and this is great because you can use whatever font you want. I cut my letters out with my exacto knife, then I painted where I cut out onto the burlap. I let them dry overnight, and then I hot glued the yarn to the triangles--I folded the top of the triangle over the yarn then hot glued it down. I was really happy with the way it turned out. It's a little bigger than I planned, but I know how to make it a little smaller for when I do a Christmas one!



I downloaded this Subway Art from this blog. They have lots of great cute ones for all the holidays, and I love all of them!!


Thanks, Mom and Dad for the pumpkin and mums!!!


In other news, Steak and Shake finally opened in Augusta, and we finally got to go! We opted for to-go and sat outside instead of waiting the 30 minutes or so to get a table. Hopefully the next time we go it won't be crowded!
I promise they were happy to be there, even though two of them don't look like they are. 


And, because I FINALLY get to share this...my bff Chelsea and I are going to be in Hannah's wedding! I ran into Hannah last week, and she asked me to be a bridesmaid, but I couldn't say anything until she asked Chelsea. I honestly avoided talking to Chelsea as much as possible until Hannah asked her because I was scared I'd spill the news! But, now we both know, and we're so thrilled to get to be a part of Hannah and Jonathan's special day!!!

Hope you're having a lovely fall day, friends. After tomorrow, I'll be on fall break, and I'm SO looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment