Monday, February 11, 2013

Whew!

As always, a DNOW weekend is ridiculously busy. Add in class on Friday morning and a wedding shower on Sunday afternoon and I'd say this one was one for the books. This was the ninth DNOW I've been apart of, my third in college, and my second as a small group leader. I loved leading two years ago, but this year was a little different. I've been one of these Sunday small group leaders for these girls during this past year, and I've been close with these girls since they were babies. Okay, not babies, but little middle schoolers. Needless to say, I love these girls, and I'm going to miss them a lot when they graduate in May. So, despite a few tears that were shed, I would say this weekend was a fabulous one.


We started off the weekend with a wonderful dinner, and it was just the beginning of our spoiling. Senior girls have a tradition of staying at a home where they get spoiled--mainly with really good food. Friday night we had a delicious Italian dinner with homemade pizzas and bread, and to top it all off, we had THREE homemade cheesecakes. It was fabulous. 



The next day, the junior and senior girls and guys headed downtown to serve a church there and the community there. It was wonderful to see students step up, love on some kids, and just be the hands and feet of Jesus. I was proud of my seniors (and the juniors).



I'm not really sure what Matt and Ryan's job was or why they were holding these signs, but they did a good job at it!


And these girls did a GREAT job at stuffing hot dog buns with hot dogs!


Chaney and I were neighbors when we were little, and it seems like just yesterday I was playing with her in the backyard. I can't believe she's graduating so soon!


After some lunch with my parents, I headed back to the church on Sunday afternoon to celebrate Drew and Alli. And boy were they celebrated well! It was a wonderful shower, and this was most of their stuff--minus a rake and some cards!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment