Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 Year in Review

2013 was a fab year. In January, I wrote this, "21, you've been nothing short of fantastic so far! I cannot wait to see all the fun things that come with your year!"

This year was incredibly fun. I made and met some incredible new friends, God worked in magnificent ways, I fell in love with a beautiful place, and I continued on this journey that God has called me to. There are some things I wish had taken place during 2013, but they didn't, and I'm just going to have to be content in where he has me this year. So, without further ado, a look back on some of the highlights of 2013! 

January: I turned 21!



February: I led my senior girls in their last DNOW! 


March: Drew got married, and my BD and his wife got saved!



April: Kaila and I went to Atlanta, and I threw Hannah a bridal shower. 



May: I went to Hilton Head twice, and Hannah got MARRIED!





June: I went to camp!


July: I was still at camp!


August: I went back to camp for a weekend, and I went to Florida for Labor Day Weekend. 




September: I went to camp again (clearly I fell in love with camp this year).


October: I started my student teaching (and SURVIVED it).


November: I spent a lot of time with the Dukes at camp, and I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner! 







December: I hosted the FIFTH Annual Tacky Sweater Christmas Party!


2013, you really were great. I made some awesome best friends, I slept outside two times too many, I stood by one of my best friends as she got married, I drove to Asheville and back too many times to count, I had two of my best semesters in college, I read as often as I could, I cooked a 20 pound turkey, I was a student teacher for five weeks, I made it a full summer at camp, I watched my birth dad and his wife get baptized, I became an even bigger fan of phone dates and spur-of-the-moment visits, I spent more money at Gap then I should have, I joined a new church, and I made as many fantastic memories as possible. 2014, I cannot wait to see all the joy and fun you bring! 


No comments:

Post a Comment