Friday, December 2, 2011

cousins.

I have lots of cousins, especially the second and third kind. I'm the only grandchild on my dad's side, but there are a BUNCH of second and third cousins on his side. They are the people I've known forever, and even if I don't agree with them on some things, they're still family and I still love them.

My dad's dad (Paw-Paw) had lots of siblings. I only really knew one of his brothers (Uncle Jack). Uncle Jack had eight kids (and until his wife got pregnant with child number six, they lived in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house...SERIOUSLY). Uncle Jack's second daughter, Emily (who is one of the prettiest women in the whole world) lives in Augusta. She and her husband, Lanier, have three kids: Dessa, Will, and Meg.

Dessa, Will, and Meg are those cousins that I grew up with. They are all older than me, and ever since I was little, I've been affectionately known as "Squirt" to all of them. We spend every Christmas Eve with them (except for the year that Dessa was pregnant with her first child and we spent the night before Christmas Eve together). We always play stupid games together, yet we have a lot of fun together. They're the people that have seen me grow up, and I'm really glad they're apart of my life.


Graduation wouldn't have been the same without these two!
Dessa, me, and Will


Anyway, to the point of this post. Meg (who I surprisingly don't have a picture recent picture of) opened her own "business". She makes scarves and necklaces so far, and they are fabulous! Catherine Morgan Designs is the name of her business, and she's also selling things at The Augusta Market downtown this Saturday. If you're in the area, check her out. If not and you see something you want, let me know!

Happiest of Fridays to you all!

1 comment: