Sunday, April 22, 2012

something big.

Thursday night, I was lying in bed, praying before I fell asleep (is it bad that I always fall asleep during the middle of my prayers?!), and I asked God to do "something big" tomorrow. I went on to say, "I'd like You to do something big in regards to _____ (a certain situation going on right now)". I figured that if I was bold like that, then God would really do "something big" the next day in this situation.

So, all day Friday, I'm waiting, checking my phone, expecting God to do something big in this one area of my life. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed when it was around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and nothing BIG had happened. I checked my e-mail, and to my surprise, God had done something big. 

But, this something was way different than I had expected. Last week, I was about $800 away from what I needed for Australia. I was trusting God that all would work out, and that I would be covered financially. I wasn't really worried about it, but I wasn't super confident either. Well, the e-mail I got gave me my new total, and I'm only about $200 away from what I need now. How BIG is that? Pretty big, I'd say.

Not only am I super thankful that God would do something BIG like this and just affirm and reaffirm that He wants me in Australia this summer, I'm thankful for the other lesson I learned from this experience. This other situation in my life that I was praying about all that day is something that God's going to work in on HIS timetable, not mine. I know that, but I was just reminded again that even if it seems like He's not doing something, He is. It's just what I need right now, not what I want. I'm still praying about my other situation, but I'm so glad that God still did something big in my life on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment