Monday, April 9, 2012

THREE YEARS.

When I looked at my calendar and saw that Jack's THIRD birthday was coming up, I could not believe it! Has it really been THREE years since Jack was born?!?!

Unfortunately, I was in Texas the day Jack was born, so this is a few days later. 
I was SCARED to death to hold a baby this small. 

Jack was like the "test run" for me. I learned how to really do everything on him. How to change a diaper, how to burp a baby, how to be okay when letting a baby cry themselves back to sleep, etc. 

His baby dedication
Still a little unsure about this whole "holding an infant" thing :)

Jack has been LOUD from day one. When he was a baby, he would "talk"all the time. He wouldn't cry, he would just make these noises for hours on end. Now, he still talks a lot, but I can pretty much understand everything he says, minus a few things. 

lots of babysitting went down in the FLC :)

I was telling one of my friends one day about how I couldn't believe Jack was going to be three soon. She said, "That's so cool that you've been there from day one. What a special relationship you get to have with him because you've been there from the beginning." I have to agree that it is a pretty special relationship! 

at the Senior Recognition Service at church

If we ever talk about Australia, Jack gets that I'm going to be gone for a while. He'll look at me and say, "Ash Ash, don't leave us!" Seriously. It breaks my heart yet makes me feel so good at the same time :)

Gym Fest at WBC in 2010

Sweet Jack, you have made these past three years so much more fun! I'm so grateful I get to be your Ash Ash! I cannot wait to see how you grow up and what God has in store for you!


Happy THIRD birthday, sweet boy! You are loved more than you will ever know! 





No comments:

Post a Comment