Monday, August 6, 2012

home.

August 1 was by far the longest day in the history of the world. I left Sydney at 1:40 in the afternoon and landed in Los Angeles at 10:30 in the morning. On the same day. Needless to say I was more than ready for bed, and I still had another flight plus 2ish hours in the car before I could get there. I had a tight connection (90 minutes), and I was worried that I would miss my flight. Thankfully, I got through immigration, customs, and security all within 30 minutes and made it to my gate before they started to board. This was such a blessing because a lot of my teammates waited in security and stuff for quite a while. It was hard to say goodbye to them, but I was ready to get back to Augusta. 

I was greeted in ATL by my sweet parents, and after getting my heaps of luggage (that's another story for another day), we made our way out of the airport and off to Chickfila. I have to say, I was quite looking forward to their sweet tea, and it was sort of disappointing. We quickly made our way to Augusta, and all the while I was texting my roommate, Caroline, not really knowing what to expect when I got home. If I had to guess, I thought I would be catching up with her and her boyfriend that night. However, I was welcomed home by this...

Why yes, that is a beaver sitting in my living room. 
Caroline threw me a surprise welcome home party, and it was so wonderful! 
I had absolutely no idea, and it was great to see all of my sweet friends immediately. 
My friend Corey is the one in the beaver costume, and it freaked me out at first but has now become a joke for all of us. 
Love these ladies!
And this one too!

While it was hard to say goodbye to my sweet family in Pakenham, this welcome home made coming back so much sweeter. I've been enjoying these past few days catching up with friends and family and enjoying a few of my favorite restaurants. I have also managed to drive on the wrong side of the road, and I have referred to Pakenham as "back home". Clearly my heart is in two places. 

I have enjoyed watching the Olympics a lot as I tend to stay up late while I'm getting back on Augusta time. That being said, this video makes me laugh a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment