Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Great Gatsby


“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

If I had to pick one book from my scores of books that I read in high school that was my favorite, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald would be that book. Maybe it was because my teacher taught it really well or maybe because it was so well written and it is a classic. I just loved that book. So of course when I saw that there would be a MOVIE, I was thrilled. And to make it all the more better, I went with some of my best friends to the midnight showing (actually it was at 10 pm but whatevs). It was fantastic. The movie was very close to the book, which made me happy, and it kept me intrigued throughout the whole thing, even though I knew what was going to happen next. Do yourself a favor and go see it soon. You won't be disappointed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment