Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Recap Part 1

I liked my friend Chelsea's post about her word, song, quote, and verse of 2011. I decided to incorporate that with my idea to post about 2011. So, here goes the first "recap" post....

Word of the Year: TRUST
Trust was a HUGE thing that I really learned and relearned and relearned again during 2011. A lot of that came from this summer when plans that I had made six months before changed completely. Again this fall when I fell into this new job situation and it was sort of hard at first. I learned that if I just turned it all over to the Lord and trusted Him, I could get through it. And I did. 

Song of the Year: With Everything by Hillsong United

Quote of the Year: Only one life twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd
This was our "motto", I guess you could say, for the church this year. We made it our focus to make our lives count for Christ. I just love this quote, and it was (and is) something that I remember when the day to day stuff bogs me down. Also, I love how our church really took this to heart this year. Today, we found out that we exceeded our proposed budget for 2011 by a LOT. A huge blessing, and I know that WBC took this quote and challenge to heart in 2011. 

Verse of the Year: And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. - Philippians 1:6
This verse was the verse the Lord gave to me back in June when I broke my ankle. It's such a good promise, and I'm so grateful that the Lord used this verse in my life this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment