Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Brother I Never Had

I remember being little and always wanting an older brother. I just thought it would be so cool to have a big brother who would look out for you and teach you all about life. I really always wanted one. Well, I have about the closest thing this only child could get to a brother. Drew and I truly treat each other like siblings. The other day I texted him about how I was grateful for him, and he texted me back saying he was grateful for our "siblingship" too. I decided I liked that--siblingship! 

Anyway, we have the best of both worlds, in my opinion. We each get an additional "sibling", have the relationships siblings can have, but we get to ship each other back when we get sick of each other! Just kidding...but really :) He's a great big brother, and when he got for real serious about Alli, I was excited for him. I kept thinking he was going to propose while I was in Australia, but fortunately for me, he didn't! About a month ago, Drew texted me to let me know he was proposing! Well, of course Alli said YES, and Saturday night, Graham and Casie threw an engagement party for them. 


Graham, Casie, Drew, and Alli. I so love the siblingship Drew, Casie, and I share. 


This one makes me laugh so much! 
(We were trying to explain to the lady taking the picture how to take the picture.)


Please note G in the background. Hahaha.


Umm, how stinkin cute are they?!?!


love. 


So, fun/random story about this sign. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that about a year ago, I found my biological cousin on facebook. Well, long story short, I added him and he accepted my friend request. That's about it. Last week, I saw that he got engaged, and that he and his fiance had a chalkboard sign with "she said yes" written on it that they took pictures with. So, I decided to make a chalkboard and write this on it. It ended up being a GREAT prop for pictures and conversation starter. So, dear cousin who I don't really know, all credit to you and your really cute engagement sign. I'll admit that his was cuter than mine, but my idea came to life in less than 24 hours. I'm assuming his idea was much more planned than mine or he has good female friends that help him out. Whatevs. Still cute. 

I've watched Drew date a few girls, and Alli seriously is the best fit for him out of all of them. She is a beautiful woman of the Lord, and she just goes with him perfectly! I cannot wait to see them tie the knot in March, and I especially cannot wait to see all the things that God does in and through them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment