Saturday, September 24, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

I'm doing another one of those blog challenges! Get excited!!

Day One: Your Favorite Song


I don't really have a "favorite song" per se, but I do have a few. I looked up on iTunes my most frequently played songs, and I figured those would be a good guesstimate of what my favorite songs are. Here are some of those plus some others that I just know are my favorites:

  • Nova by Hillsong United, album "Aftermath". Yes, definitely one of my favorite songs to listen to over and over again. Favorite part is the chorus: "Come, let Your glory arise and shine as the nations collide with Your story. Love overtaking our lives, arise as our hearts come alight with Your glory."
  • When You Love Someone by Bethany Dillon, album "Waking Up". This is just a cute little love song. Upbeat, makes you happy type of song. Have I mentioned that I met Bethany Dillon once? Such a sweet person!
  • The World is Ours Tonight by Gloriana, album "Gloriana". I was first introduced to this song toward the end of my senior year of high school, and the lyrics said everything that we (my group of friends) were all feeling as we were ending this chapter in life. Every time I hear it now, I think of that time in my life and smile. 
  • Awake My Soul by Mumford and Sons, album "Sigh No More". My favorite song by Mumford and Sons. So good. Best line? "In these bodies you will live, in these bodies you will die. Where you invest your love, you invest your life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment