Thursday, September 22, 2011

rainy thursday.

it's quite gross outside. all rainy and muggy and humid. ew. nasty. it's the type of day where all you want to do is sit in a big comfy chair covered up with a blanket with a cup of coffee next to you and a really good book in your hand. although, i'm sad to admit that i don't have any good books in my possession right now. yet, according to amazon.com, i'll be receiving three books on tuesday. hopefully they'll be good. they'll be good. i know they will.

so, what else to blog about on a rainy, nasty thursday? well, pinterest of course! but first, let me share some things that the Lord is teaching me right now. last friday at college group, we took part in the Lord's supper. we were encouraged to pray before we went up and got our cup of grape juice and little cracker. i didn't really have anything that i felt like i needed to "confess" to the Lord, so i just sort of prayed a generalized prayer, and i went up to the altar, got my juice and cracker, and came back to my seat at the table to take it in. i heard the Lord say, "put it down." so, i set my cracker and cup down on top of my Bible, and i just let the Lord speak to me. it was a really cool moment for me. the Lord's words were SO encouraging that night, things that i really needed to hear. i won't go into major detail right now, because even though there are like maybe three of you that read this, there are some crazy cool God things going on in my life right now that i can't share with you. i promise i will when i can though. this quote by John Piper really sums it all up: "God aims to exalt Himself by working for those who wait for Him."

in other news, school is CRAZY busy, my parents are driving me NUTS (but it's okay), and i'm really looking forward to watching Tangled this weekend with some friends. here are some pins, as of late:


Source: google.com via Ashton on Pinterest


Bridge from San Diego, CA to Coronado Island, CA. I've been on that a few times :)




Ummm, how cool is this?!? Take me there, please!


Source: google.com via Ashton on Pinterest


I've always been an Anne of Green Gables fan :)


Source: google.com via Ashton on Pinterest


As well as a Little Women fan!





How cute!




Perfect outfit for an Auburn game day.




Good quote.




I really like this. A whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment