Sunday, October 2, 2011

the one where i got to see (almost) all of my best friends in one weekend.

No matter what any of my non Augusta Christian friends say, I always look forward to Homecoming at ACS each year. Getting to head back to the school that is so dear to my heart always makes me smile. So, when I looked at my calendar and realized that Homecoming was this past Friday, I knew it was going to be a good week.

On Friday, it finally began to feel like fall. It was such a great day for some football. I headed to ACS after work, and I got there a little late, so I had to park in the parking lot of the Mexican restaurant next to the school. As I started to walk on the school grounds, I just felt different. Being at ACS reminds me of sweet and simpler times. I even teared up a little bit as I saw the sweet things that reminded me of my high school days.

I just loved being there, getting to catch up with people that I used to see every single day, and cheering on the ACS Lions. Sadly, they lost the game in the last 17 seconds, but they fought a good fight. I think their record is 4-2, which is pretty good!

After the game, almost all of the class of 2010 kids went to IHOP to eat a late meal and hang out. I haven't been to IHOP in YEARS, but it was surprisingly good. Being the lover of all things French that I am, I had this amazing Nutella crepe. So, so, so good.

All in all, it was a great night. I'm so glad that God blessed me with these friends in high school, for the memories that we shared together then, and the fact that we can still hang out to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment