Monday, December 31, 2012

Trips in 2012

For the past few years, I've been trying to go out of town at least once each month. Since I never moved away for college, it's nice to have a weekend (or sometimes more) to get out of Augusta and spend time with loved ones in other parts of the country and even the world. It's fun to look back over the past year and see where I've been each month, so here we go...

January: Atlanta, GA


I went to Passion for the second time (sadly I won't make it back in 2013), and I learned a lot about what the Lord has in store for me. I decided to Do Something Now, and later that month I found out I was going to Australia.

February: Ft. Lauderdale, FL


My family headed down to South Florida to see my mom's side of the family. It was a trip full of shopping, laughter, late night doughnut runs, and much more.

March: Statesboro, GA


I spent the weekend in Statesboro visiting my best friend.

April: Huntsville, AL, Sewanee, TN, and Charlotte, NC


I spent part of my spring break visiting my grandparents in North Alabama, and later that month, my family and Caroline went to Carowinds in Charlotte, NC for the day. 

May: Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia


I made it to Australia, and I spent time at the beach with these sweet people.

June: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and Healesville Sanctuary, Victoria, Australia


Maggie and I went to visit our sweet friend, Taylor, in the city.


I got to see Australian animals with one of my favorite Aussie families at an animal sanctuary about an hour north of Pakenham. 

July: Northern Territory, Australia and Pakenham, Victoria, Australia

 

I spent two weeks in the Outback working with the lovely Aboriginal people, and I got to spend the last two weeks in Australia making memories with some lovely people. (More Australia pictures here).

August: Hilton Head Island, SC


Not only did I make it home in August, I also managed to spend a few days at my favorite beach with my parents. Also, touching the Atlantic made it the third ocean I touched in 2012 (I touched the Pacific on one side of Oz and the Indian on another side of Oz). 

September: Auburn University, Auburn, AL


I went to the loveliest village on the plains to visit my BFF and take one of my senior girls there to visit. It was such a FUN weekend. Take me back!

October: Columbia, SC


I went to Columbia to watch ACS play football with Chelsea, and we watched Kendall run in her last cross country meet. Good times were had in the Palmetto State.

November: Statesboro, GA


I started out the month of November with a quick trip to Statesboro to visit my BFF and watch the GA Southern Eagles play. Even though it was ridiculously hot that day, it was a fun trip, and I enjoyed spending time out of Augusta for a little bit. I also found out in November that I'd be heading to CAMP again this coming summer!

December: Athens, GA


Maggie, Jamie, and I headed up to Athens for the day to explore UGA's campus, shop, and eat some ridiculously fabulous food. I can probably say that we enjoyed the food the most, over the shopping or the being in Athens. Thank you Mama's Boy, Momma Goldberg's, Raising Cane's, and Two Story for having wonderful food and coffee. We WILL be back! 

2012 was a year FULL of some fabulous trips. While I LOVE traveling and going to some new places or even some favorite places, I also love coming back to the Garden City. Look for more 2012 recap posts later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment