Tuesday, February 7, 2012

God's Got This.

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." - Deuteronomy 31:8


I'm a worrier. I've been one since the day I was born, probably. I worry about everything. I know my parents have not told me things because they didn't want me to worry. Looking back, I'm grateful for that. Matthew 6:34, which says, "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself..." has been a verse I've had to remember time and time again growing up (and still to this day).

DNOW is this weekend. And I'm beyond excited to see what the Lord is going to do in the lives of our students. I know God has something super awesome in store. But, major confession here, the past few days I've been ready for the weekend to be over. I have been so worried about every single detail, that something will go wrong, that we won't have enough host homes, that a leader will drop out...anything that could go possibly wrong, I've worried about it.

Yesterday, Grant used the verse above, Deuteronomy 31:8, in his message. It smacked me right in the face. God has gone before us. He knows every single thing that's going to happen this weekend. He has had this weekend all planned out before I was even born. After hearing that verse, I really was convicted about my thoughts regarding this weekend. I knew it wasn't the right way to be thinking about this amazing weekend we have planned.

Today, I woke up so excited about DNOW. I honestly can't wait for this weekend to get here. Even though we have a lot left to do, and today was one of those crazy hectic days where you feel like nothing actually got accomplished, I'm so ready for Friday. God's got this, and I'm resting in His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment