Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Let Me Tell You The Great Things God Did!

If you've ever been on a mission trip with Walker Moore of AweStar Ministries, you'll have heard this phrase before. When I went to Panama two summers ago, Walker told us to come back and tell people this when they asked us about our trip. This phrase has stuck with me over the years, and I couldn't help but think of all the great things God did this weekend! 


As mentioned plenty of times before, I'm a worrier. It's one of those things that I have to surrender to the Lord on a daily, if not hourly, basis. I hate that I'm that way, but it's definitely gotten better over the years. With that being said, I worried a lot last week. I was reminded that God had last weekend in His hands, and I wrote about that here. There were a few nights when I would toss and turn in bed for HOURS because I kept thinking about all that needed to be done or could go wrong. I just wanted this weekend to be big for our students, and I didn't want anything to go wrong.

One day last week, I went to our main office at church and got the mail out of the boxes. I found an envelope of money that said it was for a home's lunch. We get small groups throughout the church to cover one of the meals for the weekend for each home. This small group had decided to give us money instead of preparing the meal. I saw it and thought, "Great. Who's going to give them food now? We've got the money, but how is the food going to get there?" It kind of went to the back of my mind, and I didn't think about it until the next day. I was walking somewhere in the church, and I ran into Casie. She says to me, "Do y'all need anyone to take a meal or anything to a home this weekend?" Um, total God thing?!?! I think so!

That was just a glimpse of this weekend. There were so many times this weekend that I would just sit in awe of what God was doing. I watched one of the "cool" students surrender their life to Christ. I watched students pray together. I watched students come back to their first love, their Father God. I was so amazed at what God did (and is still continuing to do)!

I prayed that God would show up big this weekend not only in the lives of our students but also in the lives of our leaders and our host home families. Our leaders were the people that God really put on my heart before this event. They were the ones that I definitely spent the most time praying for. Because if our leaders weren't right before the Lord and weren't ready to serve our students, how could our students get the most out of the weekend? So, I committed to praying for our leaders. And let me tell you, God really showed up when it came to providing just the right amount of leaders and perfect leaders to fit our students. We worked with SWAT, so we didn't know some of our leaders before the weekend. But, they were FABULOUS to work with, and I know God used them in mighty ways this weekend!

I could go on and on about all that God did. One thing I kept thinking this weekend was just how grateful I am that He chose me to get to be a part of this student ministry. I'm humbled that He would choose me to serve them and do life with them. They really are fantastic people, and I'm so blessed to know them. They make my heart smile :)

Three of our fabulous leaders. 
So glad our girls to be blessed by these women of God. 

Most of the junior ladies! 
I love these girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment