Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday!

I spent a good part of my Super Bowl Sunday at church (good thing I love my job :) ), and I've spent that past few hours relaxing and resting at home. I mean, it is Sunday, the day of rest, right? I'm heading with my parents to my friend Jamie's house for a Super Bowl party her parents are throwing. Speaking of Jamie...


Jamie and I hung out with our friend Maggie last night. 
These girls make me laugh SO much. 
I LOVE hanging out with them!

I also made this for them: 


but mine turned out a little bit like this: 


It was pretty good. 
Maggie and Jamie liked it a lot, but I'm not sure if I'll make it again. 

I have one class that meets five times during the semester. It's a teaching class, and it's basically one of those classes that it's just good to take for education majors. My advisor recommended it, and I really just took it to get an easy A for the semester. We've met twice so far, and I LOVE that class so much. I honestly look forward to going. My professor teaches us things that as a teacher, we need to know, but no one ever really tells us these things. Like the best way to pass out papers or how to set up a classroom best or how to make a bulletin board. Which is exactly what we did in class on Friday :) 


I went to Augusta Christian's basketball games in Columbia with Chelsea and her family. ACS won both games, which was super exciting because they were playing one of their biggest rivals, Hammond. It's always good to beat Hammond. :)


love her! 

I went to the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to yesterday. This sweet couple from church got married, and it wasn't that it was just a pretty wedding. This wedding was clearly a worship service. These two people love the Lord with all of their heart, and that was so evident in the wedding. I hope to one day have just a smidgen of a relationship like they do. They played these two amazing songs by Elevation Worship. SO, SO, SO good. 

D-NOW is this weekend, so I'm going to be pretty busy this week getting ready for that! I'm so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in the lives of our students and throughout the community this weekend. We've been gearing up for this for a while now, so I know it's going to be awesome! I'm also spending a lot of my time this week running and getting ready for The Color Run. I'm super pumped about that as well :) 

Happy Sunday, friends!! 

2 comments:

  1. hey Ashton! its Danielle. that was absolutely wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! Hope your senior year is going super :)

      Delete